I live in North Carolina and was visiting my Aunt and Uncle in Charleston SC. Being in their late 80’s, they mostly get out only to doctors. I thought it would be great to carry breakfast for us to them.

I called the Waffle House located at 2229 Savannah Hwy Charleston SC and placed a carryout order to be picked up at 9.45am. I arrived timely and picked up the breakfasts ordered, used my Visa card and signed slip for $33.81.

The next day, as I reviewed my Visa Card online, I was shocked to see a charge of $38.91 for the above described transaction!

This Waffle House ripped me off for 5$!!

Had an Experience with Waffle House?

Comments

the gratuity in the total price, so if it was 33.91 that is the total price, I know this because I order carry out it least twice a week on my way to work

Picayune, Mississippi, United States #901482

Did u leave a 5 tip and maybe forgot?

Findlay, Ohio, United States #899592

It's clearly posted: gratuity will be added to togo orders to cover the cooks and the one packaging the food. I went to waffle house for the first time today and I know that.

Washington, District Of Columbia, United States #889048

They didn't rip you off. Many restaurants authorize a charge of a few more dollars in case a tip is added. Check tomorrow when the transaction is posted rather than pending and you should see the correct amount.