Waffle House - Charged more to my credit card than I agreed to; more than shown on charge slip

255 of 374 Waffle House reviews

I live in North Carolina and was visiting my Aunt and Uncle in Charleston SC. Being in their late 80’s, they mostly get out only to doctors. I thought it would be great to carry breakfast for us to them.

I called the Waffle House located at 2229 Savannah Hwy Charleston SC and placed a carryout order to be picked up at 9.45am. I arrived timely and picked up the breakfasts ordered, used my Visa card and signed slip for $33.81.

The next day, as I reviewed my Visa Card online, I was shocked to see a charge of $38.91 for the above described transaction!

This Waffle House ripped me off for 5$!!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
255 of 374 Waffle House reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jun 10 #1171325

the gratuity in the total price, so if it was 33.91 that is the total price, I know this because I order carry out it least twice a week on my way to work

0 0 Reply

Nov 13, 2014 #899592 Findlay, Ohio, United States

It's clearly posted: gratuity will be added to togo orders to cover the cooks and the one packaging the food. I went to waffle house for the first time today and I know that.

1 0 Reply
JuJu Bees

Oct 23, 2014 #889048 Washington, District Of Columbia, United States

They didn't rip you off. Many restaurants authorize a charge of a few more dollars in case a tip is added. Check tomorrow when the transaction is posted rather than pending and you should see the correct amount.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Waffle House. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Waffle House.
Filing a new complaint about
×