We generally like Waffle House and make a point to stop there in our travels.We like the food and generally the service.
Unfortunately when stopped in today for breakfast (around noon and in our hometown) we were very disappointed. This store #1369 wasn't busy. We were maybe the sixth couple in the store. There were six people working behind the counter.
The guy who waited on us (who we learned was the manager when we paid) came back a couple of times to verify what we had ordered (he didn't write it down) We waited 10 to 15 mins for our coffee and had to ask another person to bring it. While waiting we looked around and saw how dirty the floor was and would have left except we had already ordered. Our table was where we could see directly into the cooking area. There was debris under the cooking counter, a broom laying on the floor where someone had started sweeping, trash on the floor in the eating area.
It was disgusting. The food when we got it was okay but due to the condition of the area it wasn't a good dining experience. I took photos which I would be glad to provide. Not having gotten a bill, my husband walked up to pay and the guy who took our order (the manager) said not to charge us for the coffee since he forgot to bring it.
We've eaten there many times before without problem. But we won't go back. There is another store in New Bern NC on hwy 70 in James City that is great. They all say hello when folks enter.
It appears clean and well run. We've been there many times and will definitely continue to go there even if it is a bit out of our way. I have never written a critical review but cannot in good conscience let this pass. Not sure what has happended in that store since we last were there but this should definitely be addressed.
Thank you for you time.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Product or service
- Waffle House Breakfast
- Review category
- Cafes, Restaurants and Bars
You May Also Like
- "Union city GA. By far the nastiest place ever been in I ordered a grilled chicken salad ask for crackers and they told that they might be old might want..."
- "Today I had the worst dining experience of my life, thanks to the hooters on Kingston Pike in Knoxville, TN. I hope this is the actual page for Hooters corporate..."
- "I have a coupon for $10 for 2 large 3 topping or specialty pizza expires in October. The total i was told on the phone was $31.xx. i said i..."
- "I ordered a console (NEW BERN, NC) which was delivered on 8/17 with a broken door, I called the store and the new manager Camren stated that it would take..."
- "Can you believe that I just conducted another speed test and got 0.50 Mbps download internet speed. I am not receiving services as per the 3.0 Mbps contract speed. See..."
- "Actual size of sandwich nowhere close to online image. Don't waste your money. It's advertised as hot and toasted. It came cold and untoasted, and lacking acceptable quantity of meat...."
- "I have spent alot of money at the buckle and against my wife's wishes, I bought expensive jeans that cost about $100 a piece. Within a year one of the..."
- "Horrible place to live. Harassed by management . They worry about things that they shouldn't be worrying about , they don't fix tripping hazards that you report , nor fix..."
- "Your store in NJ did honor the $ 300.00 gift card which was given to me from Chicago store for purchasing the $ 6000 worth of furniture last year and..."