3.5
Allergens Information
Cleanliness
Quality of Food

I have never been treated as disrespectfully and with such rudeness as I was at Waffle House #1689 in Athens, Georgia this evening by waitress named Beth. I frequently eat at WH and at this particular one 2 or 3 times a month.

Was in Athens to pick daughter up from hospital. Wanted to eat so stopped at WH. I am 70 years old, disabled, on oxygen and cannot walk any distance without becoming short of breath. When we entered the restaurant there was one empty booth just inside the door; the other two close to the door were occupied by 2 persons each.

3 people were at the counters. So was not a busy night. The empty table was not cleaned but we sat there so I did not have to walk all the way across the restaurant to the other empty booths. When we sat down Beth made a remark to one of the other customers about us sitting at the dirty booth.

She then came back to where we were sitting and my daughter told her that we sat there because of my health condition and the fact that I had difficulty walking. She stated, “It is the same distance from here to there” (referring to the booths at other end of the restaurant). My daughter told her that it was not the same; the other booths were all the way across the building. Beth then stated, “Well, you will have to stand up any way, I have to spray the table down to clean it.

That’s what the wait chairs are for is to wait for tables to be cleaned.” I told my daughter we could just go somewhere else to eat. Beth said, “Fine, that’s the thing for you to do.” So we did. As we were in parking lot leaving, she was back over talking to the customer at the counter and the booth still had not been cleaned nor sprayed down. It was not a busy night at all; 7 customers besides us and as far as I could see all of them had their food already.

I see no reason she could not have cleaned the table for us; she wasn’t busy. But her rudeness and attitude are what really shocked me. Her behavior was not what I have always seen out of WH employees. Her whole demeanor and posture was belligerent.

Her tone of voice was almost combative. I realize I am only one customer but I will not go back to this WH again.( I even spent Christmas at WH for 2018.)

Product or Service Mentioned: Waffle House Waiter.

Comments