Cleanliness

On 2-2-18, at approximately 4:30am, I sat at a table in the waffle house on E Ben White Blvd in Austin, TX. My order was taken quickly,food arrived quickly.

Initially,the only problem I had after receiving my food was the extremely soggy hash browns. When my server dropped off my check when refilling my coffee,I noticed a problem. (See attached) Her handwriting is unclear,and she blamed my lack of math skills for justifying my complaint about the check. Her handwriting makes it look as though the subtotal and tax should equate to $10.

However, the total is $10.50. I asked her to look at the check, and she says that's $9.70+$0.80=$10.50. As I go to pay, I say, "this appears to be a grand total of $10." She replies $10.50. I say again, it APPEARS TO BE $10.

She said $10.50 again. I told her I'll pay $10 as it APPEARS TO BE, or I walk on the tab. She said she'd call the cops. I said good, give me the receipt.

When she told me to leave, I told her she doesn't belong in this industry if she can't write clear tickets so people like me don't show up and question said ticket. She said *** you, and called me a *** *** {{REDACTED}} .

I walked out. Whether or not cops were called, I'll never know.

Review about: Waffle House Waiter.

Comments

Ummm..looks like $10.50 to me!

Wtf is wrong with you? It clearly shows $10.50

to Anonymous #1532723

Wtf is wrong with me? Apparently, YOU can't read, and all you see is the grand TOTAL.